The 3D space (Reference System)
- every section is adjusted into a defined spatial coordinate system.
- the atlas uses the reference system of Talairach with the modifications that
- (a) the intercommissural line (ICL) passes through the center of the anterior and posterior commissure
- (b) the point zero (= point 0/0/0) for all three dimensions is the center of the anterior commissure.
- the morphologic data of the hemispheres are handled as coordinate points in this
3-D (metric) grid as X- (mediolateral), Y- (vertical), and Z-coordinates (fronto-occipital).